Saturday, July 12, 2008

A turn in the road

So, as some of you know by now, this stubborn weight gain that resorted to me putting on Jim's pants had something to do with what I was eating, but has more to do with the fact that we are pregnant! So this journey of weight loss and a return to all things Yvonne must take a detour back to prenatal vitamins, no alcohol, more walking than running and all the joys that go with growing a baby. We are excited and looking forward to a girl or a boy. I see the benefits of both and just hope for a healthy child. I guess this body is pretty spetacular since I'm nearing 40 and can still produce children spontanenously. So far, I have the sinking feeling this is a girl. I have had nausea that I never experienced with Jake and I've craved very early in the pregnancy. I remember one week I craved the yolk of eggs and had at least one egg a day for that week. I'm not as tired as I was with Jake, but I know, every time is different, but it's more than just the symptoms, I have a feeling... I think this journey is going to be bumpier than losing weight!

No comments: