Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Is this the same body?

Yesterday Rhonda and I kept to our commitment to incorporate exercise back into our lives and went for a run in Battery Park, Old New Castle. The weather was great, the view was awesome. It was time spent on me! I hadn't been back that far into Battery Park since Jim and I went roller blading almost seven years ago. Afterwards I felt really good. I wasn't where I used to be, but I'm certainly not as bad as I thought I was. Running really allows you to let go mentally and enjoy the pavement under your feet, the sites or goals in front of your eyes. We saw a beautiful hare munching on the grass. I had to call it a hare, it's so close to Hare's corner! Then later that evening, I went to my favorite store, Marshall's to find a suit... in order not to deal with the frustration of squeezing into the size I hope I still am, I went for a size up. Wow! still struggling. Is this the same body that was running this morning? I look in the mirror and see excess I've never seen before. Yes, this is that same body. The same legs that carried me more than a mile one way. These are the same the abs that supported me as I turned and maneuvered through the path. This body may not look like it used to look, but it's still strong and supportive as ever! It doesn't look so bad under the suit either.

No comments: