Monday, September 5, 2011

I'm feeling manic!


I've got so much going on, I'm feeling manic with little sleep, little food and so much emotion! Jim and I are finishing up the tile work at my uncle's home. The creativity is pouring out of me as I assemble 11 different pieces of tile in varying sizes and colors on three areas of his home in about three weeks. The hardest part is trying to make it all make sense, but I think, for what I was working with and the requests he's made, I've been successful. If that isn't enough work, I've been teaching myself how to draw! I downloaded this book on Jim's Kindle, You Can Draw in 30 Days: The Fun, Easy Way to Learn to Draw in One Month or Less. I'm on day 4 or lesson 3. I'm very excited that one day I'll be able to create my own illustrations to a story I made up with Jake, the Woman and Her Garden. Although I have not had any organized exercise, we did go hiking at Ridley Creek State Park on Saturday for 3 1/2 hours and working on this tile job since Thursday, all with minimal amount of food, low carbs, etc. I'm stuck just under 150 lbs, but I'll keep trying, because soon I'll get used to working two days, intern two days and one day "off". Finally I'm scheduled for removal of bilateral axillary breast tissue on 9/15!!!! The procedure is only supposed to take one hour and my insurance covers it. I'm not supposed to be down for more than 1 weekend. That's the update, could really use some crabs on this Labor Day, but I can wait another day or two.

No comments: