Saturday, September 17, 2011

Two days post-op

I have lots of pics... to show the transformation from being "double breasted" to being some what normal. I can't believe it was that easy, that cheap, that quick. I wish I did it a loooooong time ago, before my wedding, before the kids, when I first noticed them and they became a slight nuisance to me (which wasn't until I started wearing revealing clothing, around 27 years old. I was so nervous before the surgery, thinking, what if this is how I die, I mean it's just cosmetic... I'm going under to for elective surgery... and then always my blood pressure has been of concern, but no one complained that my readings were high or anything and everyone was so nice and they worked together so well. I knitted, my Aunt Delores graciously took me to the appointment, stayed some two hours and then took me home. I was asleep shortly after the anesthesia went through my system. The next thing I remember was being wakened up and cold! Then trying to go back to sleep and get warm. So far my right arm is fine, but my left arm is in excruciating pain and it's bleeding a little at the incision line. The vicadin they gave me makes me nauseous and hurts my stomach. Luckily I can deal with the pain and once I called the doctor and confirmed I should tighten the bandage around the left side, the pain has reduced. But there is still this knot just above the incision line that throbs with pain and if I lean over something happens and I get a sharp stabbing pain. But did it work... yes! Noticeable reduction of tissue under both arms and this is just a few days after surgery which means, there is probably still a lot of swelling to go down and healing to take place. Okay, for those interested the next blog will contain before pics. DO NOT OPEN THE NEXT BLOG if you do not want to see pictures.

No comments: