Thursday, September 15, 2011

Today is the day

I go in for removal of the excess bilateral axillary breast tissue under my arms today. I'm very nervous, but I know everything will turn out fine. I'm not sure how I'll be afterwards, I assume I'll be sore and tender and down for the day or two, but I hope to be up and ready for my belated birthday party on Saturday to Firestone's on the Wilm Riverfront. I'm excited, a lot of folks have said they're going to come and I just look forward to getting together with my family and friends. I can't wait to wear all kinds of stuff that I used to love wearing, but hated the fact that that extra tissue stuck out. Strapless, sleeveless, halters, tube tops, tank tops!!!!! yea!!!!!

On another note, I'm still working on KJ's blankie; it's turning out really nice, but I'm only at 10". hopefully I'll be done by the end of the month and then I'll start on Semec's son's blankie. We also have another tile job!!!! yea!!! Hopefully it'll be simpler and therefore quicker.

I ran yesterday, partly because I got this delicious "lemon" cake from Constance Grant and I've been enjoying very big slices and not regretting it all. I ran also because I need to and I'm about to do my first 5k for the AIDS Walk on October 1st. Yikes!

Finally I shadowed my intern supervisor, Stephanie Winfree yesterday at Community Hospital and I LOVED IT!!! It's so what I want to do and it felt so comfortable, despite how depressing or shocking the stories were, I was able to just enjoy that the client had this time to talk, to be heard, to strategize and to hope for something better. I have little reservations for jumping in it again thanks to all of the work I did at DHCI with Dr. Barnes. I'm going to get a lot of opportunities and exposure to groups, intake and one-on-ones.

I'm watching Anderson Cooper interview the cast of "How does she do it?" which is a reflection of my life, except I don't do it that well. I'm laughing the entire time and can't wait to see the movie.

No comments: