Sunday, September 18, 2011

Great night, bad morning


I can't help but see the last 28 hours as a mix of a wonderful night, celebrating my birthday with new and old friends and family at Firestone's Roasting House last night. For the first time, I was able to float around and talk to everyone while not even once focusing on who wasn't there that said that they would be there. It never crossed my mind who wasn't there because I really enjoyed the time I spent with everyone there and there were no great expectations. Everyone said they had a wonderful time and despite the problem with seating everyone close together, meals coming out timely and bills be provided, we had so much fun. To top off the night, we ended with dancing! I drank to my content's desire, but of course, only got tipsy, never drunk, and even the next day, I wasn't hung over. But I didn't have any wine either, just everything else. The pain from my surgery has subsided a lot on both sides, but I'm still experiencing so much stomach pain that it's keeping me awake and nothing seems to help. I know it's the vicodin and the ibuprofen I took to replace it didn't help. Now I'm just not taking anything and hoping it will all go away. Last night was the best birthday celebration EVER!!!!

No comments: